This presentation will explore how to better work with, support and advocate for colleagues, clients, family and friends who identify as a sexual or gender minority (LGBTQ2S+). Participants will hear personal experiences and stories, learn terminology and theory, and discuss what we can do to improve the experience for this often marginalized and vulnerable population.
- Understand the lived and learned realities of sexual and gender minority (LGBTQ2S+) people
- Explore and engage with LGBTQ2S+ terminology
- Breaking down the myths and misunderstandings about transgender people
- Skills in creating a safe, supportive and nurturing environment for people of a sexual or gender minority
- Skills in communicating with and about sexual or gender minority people in a way that is respectful and meaningful